Ok so it has been a while since our last blog update. Munchkin #1 behavior is outrageous! Wednesday is therapy and I don't know if I can make it till then. Tonight she hit me in the face and busted my lip. I looked like Dracula so much blood was pooring out of my mouth. After ice and a big bowl of rocky road ice cream I am feeling better. I think it was the ice cream that helped, but now I am drinking a glass of white wine and hoping tomorrow will be better.
So the most recent behavior is the stripping of clothes and throwing of shoes in time out. Also she insists that she wants to stay in time out all day and she does things to get her there. I did not know that it could be so fun! We are about to start having time-ins where she sits with mom. However, after tonights bloody lip I do not know if this will work.
Today the her screaming was soooo loud that I am surprised my crazy neighbor did not call the police and report me for child abuse. She screams about everything. Literally even when she gets what she wants there is a problem. This better be one good therapist we are going to. I'm going to need my own session after the past few days!
So Munchkin #2 has a double ear infection which makes life easier for all of us. Now we had to bust out the refrigerator lock box to lock up her new meds. Its a cash box with a key but I swear it takes up its own shelf. Lately #2 has become very needy at home. She needs to be strapped to me or she is crying. I am hoping that this is the ear infection affecting her and not some sort of attachment issue. Today when I left her upstairs the poor thing thought she had been abandoned. We are going to the gym tomorrow and so I hope she is fine in kids club without me.
Saturday Mike mowed the grass. Both girls started crying. It was waterworks city. I had to hold onto both girls while reassuring them that the loud machine called the lawn mower was not going to hurt daddy. I tried to help them understand that the grass was getting cut but after a thorough inspection by #1 I was told that the grass was not cut....
We also went to a birthday party on Saturday. #1 was so excited. She found out we were going on Monday and everyday until Saturday she asked us about it. When I let the girls pick out a present they insisted we get a dancing pink dinosaur that sings "Please don't stop the music" Once we got to the party #1 helped unwrapped all the gifts for the birthday girl, including the pink dinosaur. She turned it on and did the raunchiest dance in front of everyone. I have never seen a 3 year old in a bikini dance like that before. She had her hands over her head and was doing a slow shake of the hips. As funny as it was...we really should teach her a new dance.:)
That is how the past couple days have gone but as for tonight bed time was terrible!!! I laid #2 down a 6:30 yes I know 630! That is so early but she is so sick and tired. She fell right asleep. So around 730 I laid #1 down. Earlier then usual, but due to all the whining, screaming, and lack of nap she needed it. (After all she is 3) So I thought all was well. I had locked up every stuffed animal, toy, extra pillow, the lights were off, music was on, and I went downstairs to help Mike and my parents with the flowerbed we are making. I was gone about 20 minutes, I thought surely they are both asleep. I came back upstairs to check and what do I find? #1 on top of #2 examining her ears, mouth, and nose with a flashlight. I was not happy. After all we have had to add locks to the closet in order to lock up everything so they can go to sleep. I asked her where she got the flashlight and she showed me all of the toys she had hidden before dinner. (no wonder she was little miss cheerful at dinner, she thought she was going to play all night) So I had to take all of the toys away and lock them up once again. Of coarse there was serious screaming going on which was frustrating because baby sister was sleeping! So I laid #1 back in bed and went back downstairs. I felt for sure she would be able to sleep now. After mom and dad went home Mike and I went back up to check on the girls and what did we find this time? Oh yes, our 3 year old had stripped her bed of all of her blankets moved the kid table to turn on the lights and was getting naked. Having to deal with these fits all day I went outside and let Mike handle it. Finally once all of the screaming and destruction had subsided Mike put her back in bed. Thinking that she was just to frustrated and wound up to go to sleep I went up to lay in bed with her (did I mention she now sleeps on a mattress on the floor for her own safety, she forced us to get rid of the bed frame). So laying down with her I thought I could comfort her. She usually lets me at nap time and will fall asleep if I put an arm around her. So I tried this technique and all she could say was how bad she was. All of a sudden she started thrashing and telling me to not touch her. She wacked me in the lip and then it was all over. That is how I got my bloody lip...:(
Deuteronomy 11:18-19
18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Stephanie, I am so sorry things are so rough! You're doing great in a very hard situation! I'm praying for all of y'all!
ReplyDeleteHey Stef! I am SOOO excited for what you and Mike are doing! God is going to do some amazing things through the two off you.
ReplyDeleteWhen I taught in day care I had a few foster children and they all had issues with bitting. This is what one parent did and it worked...it took about 8 weeks but it eventually worked.
One was a jelly bean jar (marshmallow, skittles, ext.) and it was explained to the little boy about all the good things we can put in our mouth and say with our mouth (he said "shut up" alot) and everytime he used his mouth for things God didn't make his mouth for a jelly bean got taken out of the jar. What made it more effective is that the little boy had to take it out of the jar himself and throw it in the trash and then tell what options he should be doing with his mouth. At the end of the week/day he could have the jelly beans for a dessert after dinner.
These little girls couldn't have asked for better foster parents. I love you both!
Amy