for the righteous falls seven times and rises again,
but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.
—Proverbs 24:16
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Our First Kiddos!
Yay! Yesterday afternoon at 1:30 we received two little girls. They are 2&3 and cute little blondes. Leading up to "delivery" I was so nervous! Yes, I have babysat and nannied for many children..many good and bad behaved children. However, this was different- foster kids have been neglected and abused and have the behavior to prove it. As much as I thought we had child proofed our home and as many of inspections that we had, our house was torn to pieces in about 15 minutes. Everything I had not thought of was what these kids thought of first! As I signed papers with the case worker and cps worker my new "children" enjoyed themselves in the house I thought was "Childproof" they drew with chalk on our cabinet's, scotch taped a wall, scattered every toy we got for them through out the house, they took one bite out of about 7 apples, tried on every piece of clothing in their closet, poured the dog bowl with water in it all over the floor, kicked my dogs and call me a retard. Once Starry and CPS left I was in over my head and ready for the kids to be picked back up. Somehow... I collected myself and called in my mom. We fled to the park and hung out until she came to rescue me! Once I got home we slowly put the house back together and the kids once again took a bath in the dog bowl(This time outside). Once Mike got home at 5 I was exhausted. Up until then I asked Jesus for patients and grace about every 10 minutes.(see verse at bottom) Mike finally got home and let #1 make macaroni and cheese for dinner. (I told her she could help) Mike does not have much experience with toddlers and therefore the macaroni never got stirred by an adult. (It tasted like chalk) Since life was so chaotic we went hungry until 10pm when we could finally relax. After dinner number 1 we took the kids to play with bubbles in the backyard and over to mom and dads. Once we were at mom and dads #1 played in the dirt and #2 wanted to take a bath in the swimming pool. In the middle of playing it the dirt #1 informed Mike she needed to go potty. Since she had dirt all over her he carried her inside. She told him "I need to take a poop but nothings coming out." After that fun experience we decided to come home. Once we got home I let Mike change #2's Diaper and he got poop on his hand. Freaking out he left #2 on the changing table to wash his hands. I was in the room, but regardless that is not safe! (I jumped up and rescued her while frustrated at mike..) Poor guy now he has a poop phobia. However, Checking the "diaper job" Mike had put the diaper on backwards and so we had to have diapering 1o1. Finally after bath time it was time for bed. This took about 3 hours. Oh boy, what a day! We were exhausted...kids have never made me so tired. #1 told me it was the best day of her life and it was so rewarding to see her playing with all the toys. "Oh my god" was the most used word of the day. As much as I don't think she should use this, it was good to hear and I know the girls love it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment