This morning I work up at 6. We were having a giant thunderstorm and I was concerned the girls were gonna wake up scared. I kept waiting for them to push open our door. Finally, it happened.. Roari busted in and thinking it was the girls scared of the thunderstorm I got up and turned on the light. That was the end of my good night sleep so I got up and took a shower. After getting ready the girls were waking up. It was about 8, but should have been 9 or 10 since they went to bed so late. We went downstairs and the girls got their juice and headed for these low chairs. they rock and allow the kids to sit close to the ground. Still not being wide awake #1 tripped busting her top lip open. (First incident report) We have to fill these out every time there is blood. During breakfast we prayed and talked about Jesus, because we have crosses on our wall and #1 asked what they were. Mike told #1 Jesus is here too and she asked, "Where is he? Is he hiding?" (see verse at bottom) It was funny. Today was the first time the girls had ever had bacon or grilled cheese. They really enjoyed it. After breakfast we went to target to get the girls some shoes and a diaper bag. They loved getting to pick out shoes! Once we got in the car we had a request to go see grandma. Oh yes #1 has made herself right at home..we all have special names just like she is our biological child. At grandmas house we played with toys and colored. I don't think Emery is adjusting well he seems to not want to play with the girls. :) I took a nap while at grandmas house. Thank goodness for the troops..I couldn't do this alone. My nap was well earned! When we left my mom and dad's in the car #1 said, "Daddy I love You" it made me want to cry it was so sweet. When we got home we went upstairs and had a dance party in the kids room for a while. After this we put buddy in his dinosaur suit and the girls laughed so hard! We tried to watch happy feet and eat popcorn but apparently this is not a good movie for longer then 15 min. ;) Once the popcorn was gone the movie was over! haha The girls were worn out today and I will post photos of them snoozing in the car when we went to get a stroller off of craigslist.
Tonight kids were asleep by 830 but it took forever to get them there! If anyone had any advice we would love it. =)
2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight. It is by faith here that we see the Lord, though absent from him.

I'm so proud of you two! Honestly you will never know the impact the two of you will have on these little girls lifes! I hope you start to sleep more at night. :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way taht was me (Kasey) who said that, can't change it from saying Aaron. :)
ReplyDeletethey had never had bacon?!? you guys ARE saints! seriously though, kasey is right, you guys are doing something incredible!
ReplyDeleteMatt and I are amazed!! This is so awesome and we are so proud of ya'll!! Our kid isn't 2 or 3 yet, but the best piece of advice I have is to set a consistent bedtime routine. And do it EVERY night at the same time. You might already know that, but that is what works for us. Hang in there! Once you get everything figured out, they will change things up again, but you'll get used to it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the advice and support! We got the kids both blankies for comfort reasons and we have been sticking to a routine and it is working we think. :) Only day 3, but life is getting easier.
ReplyDeleteWe set a timer for everything! If they have about 15 minutes before they have to get ready for bed we set the timer, once it goes off we set it again to let them know they have X amount of time before they have to be in bed. We read some books and if they get up put them straight back in, once you let them stay up once time they will think it will happen every time they get up. and be prepared with small sip of water, our kids are always about to die of thirst once the get in bed, lol.
ReplyDelete